We all need a little motivation from time to time. Maybe you’re going through a rough patch, maybe you’re having a rough day, but it’s ok. It isn’t the end of the world. No matter how low you feel, it is important to remember that this too shall pass. But if you still need more motivation to get through today, then read on…
- “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”~Judy Garland.
Always remember, never change yourself for anyone. You are the best possible version of yourself.
- ‘If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.’~ Margaret Thatcher.
It is a well-known fact that women are better at everything. Women are always told to dull their shine, just so someone else can steal the limelight. Never let anyone dull your shine.
- ‘The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it.’~Roseanne Barr.
Bang on! So the next time someone tells you, you’re not qualified enough to do the job, kill ‘em with kindness (figuratively of course!).
- ‘Figure out who you are separate from your family, and the man or woman you’re in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that’s the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self because with that, you can do anything else.’~Angelina Jolie.
It is necessary to know your place in this world. Things can change in the blink of an eye. During those times it is necessary to know your place.
- ‘I could not, at any age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.’ ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Curiosity is the spice of life, isn’t it? Learn to live in the moment and let go of things that hold you down.
- ‘I am an example of what is possible when girls from the very beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.’~ Michelle Obama.
Being loved is sometimes all we need to overcome our obstacles. Feeling that you are needed gives you all the strength to overcome obstacles.
- ‘I myself have never able to find out precisely what a feminist is. I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.’~Rebecca West.
Speaking for yourself doesn’t make you a bad person. Never hesitate to speak your mind.
- ‘Always go with the choice thatscares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to require the most from you’ ~ Caroline Myss.
Take risks, and learn to conquer your fears. How else will you become a better version of yourself?
- ‘The most effective way to do it is to do it.’ ~Amelia Earhart.
Now how can we argue with someone who opened a new door for so many women?
- ‘If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.’~Katharine Hepburn.
What is life really like, if it’s not fun?
We all need a little push from time to time. But don’t let the bad times control all the good times that you’ve had. Tell us in the comments below what is your personal motto for a better day.